Student Loan Q&A
Q: When should I apply for a Private Student Loan?
A: 10 to 12 weeks before the tuition bill is due is a good time to explore your options.
Q: Am I Eligible for a Private Student Loan?
A: Borrower must be a credit union member, as well as:
- US citizen or permanent resident
- Enrolled at least half-time in an eligible school
- Meet minimum credit requirements
Q: What is the importance of a Cosigner?
A: Applying with a creditworthy cosigner not only increases your chance of approval, but also may lead to a lower loan rate.
Q: What are some tips to keep in mind?
A: Remember to:
- Exhaust all federal loans
- Get started early
- Only request the amount you need for the current academic period